How Does it Work?
Water is denser than oil. The two liquids never mix. When the water moves, it pushes the oil around, making shapes like waves.
You Will Need
- Clear jar or bottle with lid
- Blue food coloring
- Baby oil
- Plastic floating toys
1. Fill the jar halfway with water.
2. Add drops of food coloring until you like the color you see. Shake in a little glitter.
3. Pour in baby oil until the jar is three-quarters full.
4. Place a floating toy on top of the oil, then screw on the lid tightly.
5. Shake the jar gently to set your ocean in motion.